Although Canary is an anonymous service, it is also a community. Our overriding guideline is that you should conduct yourself in ways that help build the community, rather than harm it.
Canary exists to foster discussion and argument about the practices, policies, decisions, and management of work organizations. While we believe in vigorous and feisty discussion, threats or excessively abusive language will not be tolerated. Posts and comments that violate this guideline may be removed without notice, in our sole discretion. Users who post such content will be immediately banned from the Services, without notification.
- Post interesting content focused on the practices, policies, decisions, and management of work organizations;
- Foster a spirited, engaged community through your comments and posts;
- Be respectful, especially when you are disagreeing with someone;
- Be cosiderate of other's privacy, especially when using someone's name (whether they are public or private);
- Like good content, so we can raise its visibility; and
- Flag bad or objectionable content, so we can remove it.
Please Do Not:
- Post any non-public personal information;
- Post content that is abusive or bullying;
- Post unsubstantiated malicious content that is essentially personal in nature about another person;
- Intimidate, threaten, stalk or otherwise harass other Canary users;
- Post content that is threatening;
- Post content that promotes criminal activity;
- Post any type of pornography, including child pornography, or any type of sexually suggestive content involving minors;
- Post content to which you do not hold the copyright.
The use of real names of non-public people, in conjunction with information that is primarily personal, unsubstantiated, and malicious in nature, is not allowed. For example:
- It is acceptable to use real names to discuss management decisions and practices;
- It is not acceptable to use real names to post content that is personally abusive, or to post unsubstantiated claims of a personal nature;
- It is not acceptable to post malicious content regarding the race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation of an individual;
- It is acceptable to post content regarding organizational or mangement policies, practices, and decisions regarding race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation;
- It is acceptable to use real names to post content that is intended in jest. However, as the potential for misunderstanding intent is very high, we may moderate such content if we believe it appears to adversely affect the person or people mentioned by being interpreted as a personal attack or privacy violation;
We have a general expectation that You will not misbehave as a user of our Services, and if in our judgement You are misbehaving we reserve the right to take whatever remedial steps we deem appropriate, in our sole and absolute discretion.